Friday, July 6, 2012

3 Day Diet

For someone who loves food as much as I do, going on a diet means making big sacrifices and huge commitment to not cheat. Last week I read about the 3 Day Diet on accident. I gotta admit, the first time I read about it, I was very sceptical about it. After I did some research on user reviews and read that people are shedding pounds like sweat, so,,,I thought, why not give it a shot.
Past 3 days I contributed to this diet. This is the menu that I had to strictly follow:

 

Day 1               Breakfast:

                                    1 Cup black coffee or tea
                                    ½ Grapefruit or ½ cup fresh squeezed juice
                                    1 Slice toast
                                    1 Teaspoon peanut butter

                         Lunch:
                                    ½ Cup plain tuna
                                    1 Slice toast
                                    1 Cup black coffee or tea

                          Dinner:
                                    2 Slices any kind of meat (3 oz.)
                                    1 Cup string beans
                                    1 Cup carrots or beets
                                    1 Small apple
                                    1 Cup Vanilla ice cream
Day 2               Breakfast:
                                    1 Cup black coffee or tea
                                    1 Hard boiled egg
                                    1 Slice toast
                                    ½ Banana
                        Lunch:
                                    1 Cup cottage cheese or ½ cup plain tuna
                                    5 Saltine crackers (soda crackers)
                        Dinner:
                                    1 Plain hot dogs (no buns)
                                    1 Cup broccoli or cabbage
                                    1 Cup carrots or turnips
                                    ½ Banana
                                    ½ Cup Vanilla ice cream

Day 3              Breakfast:
                                    1 Cup black coffee or tea
                                    5 Saltine crackers
                                    1 Slice cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
                                    1 Small apple
                        Lunch:
                                    1 Hard boiled egg
                                    1 Slice toast
                                    1 Cup black coffee or tea
                        Dinner:
                                    1 Cup plain tuna
                                    1 Cup carrots or beets
                                   1 Cup cauliflower or green-leaf vegetables
                                    1 Cup cantaloupe
                                    ½ Cup Vanilla ice  cream

However it seems so undo-able, I did it!! I haven't weighed in before or after, because for me, it meant more to do it and be committed to a diet. I haven't been on a diet for ages, so it felt good that I am still capable to do it. And on the other hand, I saw it as detoxing.
Soda Crackers Royalty Free Stock Photo

How it went?
The first day was easy. Especially when I finished my dinner, I couldn't believe this was a diet. Really,,,after eating so little for the whole day, dinner was a feast. My belly was so full that I fell asleep.
The second day is the day I was most proud of myself. We had a birthday boy at work and he sponsored Mac Donald's for everyone. I don't know how I could've shut myself from all that heavenly smell from Mac Donald's, but I did it. Just sticked to my tuna and crackers.
On the third day, I couldn't wait for it to end. First of all, I had to drive out for work. I really thought I wouldn't hold it to 1pm with only that little for breakfast. Second of all, everything seemed to go south. The bank I need to go, had a strike that day. The place where I need to go for a document, had just moved to another location. I don't know if it was my diet or just everything else, but I was really, really pissed. As if that's not all, I had to stay in line with my no.65 while no.44 just came out.

But all in all, I did it. It feels as a great accomplishment. I don't know if I have any weightloss or whatsoever, but I do feel lighter.

And for me, NO TUNA for the coming days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment