Thursday, February 27, 2014

Suit or Zuid?

Every weekend there doesn't seem to have anything going on and it has to be this weekend that every food competition need to be held. And it's this same weekend that I need to be in at work every single day of it and not sure what time I'll get off. Don't you hate it when it happens?

Well, good thing it's held at Sunday, so just maybe.....*fingers crossed*....that I can still go to one of these two competitions. You haven't heard/read about it yet??? This weekend, there will be the 2nd burger battle at Bar Zuid and the Family&Friends Cook-out at Suit NV. And both happenings start at 4pm. Can I split my belly and go to both?


The 2nd burger battle will have other teams than the last time. One of the new teams is Jamrock, so I'm thinking some Jerk Burger maybe??? I'm actually really curious what kind of creations they will be making. Like the last battle, the winner will go through to the final competition at the end of this year.

At the same time, the cook-out has a very competitive edge. The winner will not only receive $1000,- in money prize, but the dish will be sold at Sha-gi for a whole year and the winning team will also get to cook this dish in the tv show: Soeng Ngie's Keukengeheimen.

Both battle has its thing. At Zuid, we have professionals (restaurants only) present their burger creation, but at Suit, you have the amateur, who might have thought about a great idea and it could be made of anything. It can vary from a burrito to an exquisite foie gras ( I don't think anyone would really go that extreme!).

Since I don't know how to choose, it got chosen for me. I was asked to judge in the Family & Friends Cook-out; the only thing I need to hope for is getting off at work early!! Root for me?



 For more on both competitions, I'd recommend to also read:
http://thevictualsblog.ccmnv.sr/2014/02/suit-nv-soeng-ngie-present-first-family.html
http://thevictualsblog.ccmnv.sr/2014/02/iron-burger-battle-bar-zuid.html

No comments:

Post a Comment