Friday, June 29, 2012

Wine & Tapas Fair: the preparation

For the senior students of the Suriname College of Hospitality and Tourism, it is a hectic period till the end of July. All of them are organizing the very first 'Wine & Tapas Fair' in Suriname for their final project. Of course, the juniors will be a big help in this whole organization.

As a senior student myself, I am assigned to be the Head of the Food&Beverage 'department'. Personally, I love this idea. Yeah,,,who's the genius who came up with this idea ^_~.
We have come a long way with this project. With lots of changes, difficulties to overcome and organizational obstacles, I can say that the event is finally on the right track.


The location is Residence Inn Paramaribo, a hotel renowned for its lush green ambiance and accessibility. The advantages of this location are endless. Not only is it conveniently situated, but when you see the hotel, it is as if you're back in time. The hotel itself has a plantation charm with lots of trees and green. It kinda gave me a feel as if I was back at Royal Plantation in Jamaica. As many colonial style buildings in Suriname, this building must have a rich history. Unfortunately I can't tell you much about.

The photoshoot for the tv commercial had been conducted yesterday and it was fun!! We had a great photo crew and everyone was really giving their utmost to make great pictures. And Tasha made some very appealing tapas. My favorite was the one with spicy fish. And for those of you, who know me a little better, I'm not that fond of fish. But you can always give me 'Iwa Malam' ( spicy smoked fish). More on the photoshoot in my very next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment