Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Coffee in the morning


Nothing beats coffee in the morning. The rich aroma, the bittersweet taste and the hot feeling reaching my cold, empty stomach. Sigh...it's always an immense enjoyment: that very first gulp in the morning. The only thing I'm missing at the moment is a piece very chocolaty chocolate cake. And I can only think of one recipe:

1 cup sugar
175 g butter (softened)
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup self rising flour
3 tbs cacao powder
1/2 cup pure chocolate (melted)

Whisk the sugar and butter until fluffy, add eggs gradually, add the other ingredients. Pour the batter into a 9" round pan and bake it 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 350F.

And the more melted chocolate you add, the chocolatier the cake will be.
And DON'T peak within the 45 minutes, otherwise the cake will fall.

This is a really easy and awesome tasting recipe. Just wish I made it yesterday, so that I could enjoy a piece at this moment with my awesome cup of Senseo.

No comments:

Post a Comment