Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pyramid Network


Last saturday I went to a Multi Level Marketing (MLM) meeting. I don't want to mention the product, because it is the idea I want to write about, not the product. It might be a great product, but since I haven't tried it out, I don't want to give an opinion yet.
MLM is also known as a pyramid network. One mastermind starts with any product, sell it to others as a way to gain an extra income and so it goes on and on till noone believes in this idea anymore. It never was about the product itself, it is always about recruiting others to do the hard work. And some while ago, I myself was part of such a pyramid network, Avon. The only thing that I liked about Avon is that they always come with new products, new ideas and that's what make it worth the while.
After that meeting, I went online and searched for other MLM opportunities. It is unbelievable how many there are out there. And to emphasize that it never was about the product: you can have this opportunity from underwear to cleaning solutions, jewelry to baking pans, even video software.
So I took the MLM-idea and really took my time to think about the concept. Questions came up like: Why choose a MLM opportunity? What makes it succesful? Why would great brands like Victoria's Secret or Pro Active not use this concept?
I came to many conclusions and one thing is for sure: at the end, the winner is the distributor!If your network goes worldwide, that means extra products will be sold and extra distribution, extra production and extra income. The most important thing for MLMs to work is that they sell a great, nearly ideal story and gain people's trust. Make it sound so easy to make money without doing too much work. How easy does it sound when they say: ' are you willing to give up 7-10 hours per week to gain $500,- dollars per week?' It is like giving candy to a kid and saying ' if you can be quiet for 3 hours a day, you will get the whole bag of candy at the end of the week'.
But MLMs are not all bad though. However they are maybe not the easy way out, but it is A way to get extra income. Just remember, IF you are interested in such an opportunity, focus on recruiting others than on selling. That will bring you more money and less work than doing the hard part yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment